What Makes Centerra Exceptional?
With over 3,000 acres and 5 million square feet of opportunity, Centerra is an environment where communities and businesses, culture and wildlife all thrive. No other master-planned community in Colorado has what we have, that perfect balance between thoughtful development and an incomparable natural environment of wetlands, lakes and high plains.
Centerra is the heart of Northern Colorado, one of the most highly regarded areas in the country for quality of life and business opportunity. The Loveland/Fort Collins area consistently scores top rankings on “best of” lists. For instance, USA Today includes Loveland among America’s Most Idyllic and Picturesque Small Cities and Smart Asset lists Loveland as the No. 1 Boomtown in the country. The total number of our rankings preclude mentioning them all.
Find your way to Centerra and discover for yourself how exceptional your life can be.
Discover the Difference
Centerra blends a community that is thoughtfully designed with a natural environment that intrigues in a location where you’re only limited by your imagination.
Look here for the story behind Centerra’s exceptional success:
Centerra Means Community
People who want to enjoy life to the fullest and businesses who want the same for their employees are what make Centerra unique.
- A tapestry of 10 distinct populations from GenXers to Empty Nesters comprise the thousands of interesting people who currently make Centerra their home
- Residents are highly educated, with 45 percent holding a college or professional degree
- Within a 20-mile radius outside of Centerra, the average annual household income is $80,000
- Nearly 7,500 Coloradans earn their living at Centerra, a figure projected to grow substantially in the coming decade
- More than 150 businesses, retailers and restaurants have chosen to operate at Centerra
- A transit-oriented development (TOD) whose community members have walkable and bikeable access to Bustang Bus Rapid Transit service between Loveland, Ft. Collins and downtown Denver
acres of open space surrounding Houts Reservoir and Equalizer Lake
Animal Species in the high plains*
different types of trees, shrubs and grasses*
Miles of hiking and biking trails
Nature and Sustainability
Nature plays a fundamental role in the quality of life for the Centerra community.
The sustainable manner in which Centerra was designed and developed to protect nature differs from that of other master-planned communities. Retention ponds that are part of the natural environment; building materials that are recycled and reused; dark sky lighting that reduces the impact on the environment and LEED-Certified Class A buildings are just four of many examples of the sustainable practices employed at Centerra.
The Heart of Northern Colorado
Centerra’s location is ideal and idyllic.
- Located in Loveland, a city that is consistently recognized by national publications and organizations for its quality of life
- The only Transit-Oriented Development (TOD) community in Northern Colorado with a Bustang Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) stop to Ft. Collins and downtown Denver via Interstate 25 and plans for an improved, more time-efficient stop by 2020-2021
- Larimer County’s top 10 employers are a 15-minute drive from Centerra
- Access to nearly 30 elementary, middle and high schools, including Centerra’s High Plains School, a new, unique STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math) school for preschoolers through 8th-graders
- Rocky Mountain National Park, Big Thompson Canyon, Grand Lake, Estes Park and many more mountain escapes within the Arapaho and Roosevelt National Forests are nearby
- 45 minutes from three major universities and home to the University of Northern Colorado Loveland Center at Centerra
- Within one hour of metropolitan Denver and Denver International Airport
Awards and Recognition for Loveland and Fort Collins
- Most Satisfied City – Loveland, Live Happy Magazine
- Nation’s No. 1 Boomtown – Loveland, SmartAsset
- Most Idyllic and Picturesque Small Cities – Loveland, USA Today
- No. 1 Best Place to Live, Money Magazine
- No. 1 Best Place to Reinvent Your Life, AARP Magazine
- No. 1 Top Retirement Spot, Where to Retire Magazine
- No. 2 Best Job Growth Rates in Colorado, Colorado Legislative Council
- No. 2 in Top 20 Boom Villages (population <1 million), Business 2.0
- No. 2 Top Research Institution – Colorado State University, National Science Foundation
- No. 3 of Ten Best Colorado Cities for Young Families, Westword.com
- No. 4 among 50 Best Places to Live in the United States, Men’s Journal
- One of the Top 10 Best Places for Homeownership, NerdWallet Analytics
- One of the 10 Best Places to Live, U.S. News Media Group
- Larimer among Healthiest Colorado Counties, The Coloradoan