McWHINNEY: Building a World of Possibilities
Intelligent, thoughtful, sustainable development.
McWhinney, the company behind the extraordinary success of Centerra, invites you to imagine the possibilities.
While developing more than 10 million square feet of residential, office and health care-related space in the western United States during its 25+ year history, McWhinney has never lost sight of its key commitment to sustainability. McWhinney designs its communities of homes, shops and businesses to connect people to nature and each other while protecting habitat and wildlife.
Recent awards for its design of Centerra attest to McWhinney’s realization of its integral purpose of creating great places for people that are entwined with nature:
- 2017 Elite Award in “Maintenance” category for Chapungu Sculpture Park; Judge’s Choice and People’s Choice awards for use of color in landscape ─ Associated Landscape Contractors of Colorado
- 2016 Best in American Living, Platinum Community Facility Award for the Lakes at Centerra Lake Club ─ National Association of Home Builders
- 2016 Development of the Year ─ National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP)
- 2011 and 2010 Excellence in Landscape Awards ─ Associated Landscape Contractors of Colorado
- 2009 Professional Design Award for Chapungu Urban Sculpture Park and Planning and Urban Design for Centerra Natural Areas ─ American Society of Landscape Architects
Other recent McWhinney projects: Downtown Denver’s Union Station and Dairy Block, Loveland’s Van De Water and Broomfield’s Baseline.
“Chad and Troy came to us with a vision of growth in Northern Colorado, and to the tee every projection was accurate. It has been an unbelievable success.”
– Rulon Stacey, Former Poudre Valley Health System President and CEO
UCHealth – Medical Center of the Rockies
“We began the process of evaluating McWhinney against our other options, and in the end, a combination of location, reputation, quality of buildings and the amenities led us to the conclusion that this was the best choice for us. They’re just honorable people who are good to work with and have an understanding of what it takes to be successful.”
– Alan Byers, Former President
Meyer Natural Angus Quality Beef
“McWhinney provided us with an exceptional level of service. Our budget was respected and adhered to. All options were thoroughly explored and well-researched. Their expertise was invaluable in guiding us through our building projects and they exceeded our expectations. We would not hesitate to use McWhinney’s services in the future.”
– Dr. Kevin Tool, Owner and Partner
Women’s Clinic of Northern Colorado
“I appreciate Chad McWhinney’s focus on quality, his ethics, honesty and being a good corporate citizen.”
– Don Williams, Former City Manager
City of Loveland