Building a new home is an exciting journey, especially with the flourishing market of new homes for sale in Loveland. With the adventure also comes the responsibility of choosing a builder that’s right for you, which is why the Lakes at Centerra is proud to partner with four innovative and creative home builders in Loveland CO, including Boulder Creek Neighborhoods, TRI Pointe Homes, Village Homes and Wonderland Homes.
To help guide your decision, we’ve compiled a list of ten qualities you should look for in a Loveland CO Home Builder.
- Dedication To Your Needs:First and foremost, it’s critical to define your needs to your home builder. This includes every aspect of your home: size, type, design, price range, timeline, etc. While some builders construct a broad range of homes, others may specialize in a specific type. For example, Boulder Creek Neighborhoods specializes in low-maintenance patio homes and town homes, and Wonderland Homes is committed to whole-house designs with maximum energy efficiency. Whatever your needs may be, the first step is finding a builder that is dedicated to you every step of the way.
- Possession of a License: Not every state requires builders to be licensed, but at the Lakes at Centerra you can find peace of mind knowing that each of our partner home builders are licensed and insured. Ask each builder about the type of insurance they carry for details.
- Recognized Experience: Showcasing a breadth of different experience, each of the home builders at The Lakes has a quality track record, as recognized through awards and media coverage. Our partner Boulder Creek Neighborhoods was recently featured in the Reporter Herald – At Home Magazine for their patio homes and townhomes. Click here for award recognition.
- Design Alignment: If you’re looking for a traditional home, a builder whose entire portfolio consists of contemporary homes may not be the best match—and vice versa. The builders at the Lakes at Centerra have expertise in a broad range of styles, but they each have design specialties as well. For example, TRI Pointe Homes creates spaces that invite a combination of energized interaction and peaceful solitude, while Village Homes focuses on spacious rooms with superb energy efficiency. Look at each builder’s portfolio to decide which one may be the best fit for building your dream home.
- A Foundation of Trust: More than likely, your home is the biggest investment of your life, making it crucial that you work with a builder your trust. The motto of Wonderland Homes is, “We’ll build not just your dream home, but a home we’d be proud to move into ourselves.” This commitment to your vision and needs is a quality you can expect from each of our home builders at the Lakes at Centerra.
- Customer Satisfaction: Most builders will offer customer references and referrals, and if not, you can always request them. Here is some inspiration to get you asking all the right questions:
- Would you buy another home from this builder?
- Or recommend them to close friends or family?
- What was the home builder’s best quality?
- Industry Involvement: Not every good builder chooses to join their local Home Builder Association, however, memberships can emphasize long-term commitment to a given area. Our partner, Village Homes is distinguished as “Colorado’s Builder” and has been honored with eight “Community of the Year” awards in Colorado. With any of the Lakes at Centerra partners, you’re guaranteed a builder that is dedicated to the Northern Colorado community.
- Warranty and Service: One of the best benefits that come with finding a new home for sale in Loveland is that your home itself, and most of the systems and components it comes with, are brand new and under warranty. A quality home builder will provide prompt and courteous service under any warranty and will take the time to explain the proper maintenance and care that your future home needs.
- Resale Value: Good reputations follow good builders, and with the booming northern Colorado housing market paired with the reputation of Loveland and Fort Collins area home builders, you can expect properties that will hold or maintain their value. Keep an eye out for builders whose houses maintain or increase in value.
- Opportunity To Tour Model Homes: One of the many benefits of the Lakes at Centerra is the opportunity to view 13 beautifully decorated model homes by Boulder Creek Neighborhoods, Tri Pointe Homes, Village Homes and Wonderland Homes that are open daily. Visit The Lakes website for a detailed list of model home hours and locations.
Choosing a Loveland or Ft. Collins area home builder can be intimidating, but following these ten tips can help you feel confident in your decision. No matter which type of home you choose, our builders assure quality construction, distinctive design, and sustainable building to complement the natural beauty surrounding The Lakes at Centerra. Visit our website at www.LakeAtCenterra.com to learn more.